This lesson will teach you on how to edit a DNZ Zone template. The DNS Zone template option in WHM will allow you to set the default DNS records while an account is created on the server.
1) Login to the WHM.
2) Go to DNS functions and select ‘Edit zone template’.
3) Now you can see the DNS template options:
4) Select the option ‘standard’.
5) Now you’re about to make a change in this template. As default the mx records created in the Zone record will be same as the domain name, imagine you want the MX record to be created as ‘mail.domain.com’. Now do the following.
Change the record ‘%domain%. IN MX 0 %domain%.’ to ‘%domain%. IN MX 0 mail.%domain%.’
6) Click to Save the template.
Now you have successfully edited the DNS zone template. The MX records will be created in the format ‘mail.domain.com’ from now onwards.
If you need any assistance, feel free to open a support ticket with us.
These guys do a great job. Keep up the good work AIMVM team. www.marghotels.comAisten Correya
When choosing a hosting provider, I’m looking for fast, knowledgeable support and reliable systems. aimvm.com provided it all at a great price. www.tranzmedia.inTranzmedia