This lesson will teach you on how to configure SpamAssassin from your cPanel.
SpamAssassin allow you to identify spam and flag it or prevent it from entering your inbox. Please note that you can only use BoxTrapper Spam trap or SpamAssassin on an email account, not both.
SpamAssassin works as a filtering system that attempts to identify spam messages based on the content of the email headers and body.
You may follow the below steps to configure it.
1) Enable SpamAssasin on your cPanel account.
2) You will get a confirmation once you enable it.
3) Go to SpamAssasin configuration.
4) You can add email addresses to the Blacklist so that all mails from those mail accounts will be flagged as spam and will be moved to the spam box.
5) You have the option to setup additional scores depending on whether you wish to be more liberal or conservative in your scoring.
6) SpamAssasin screens each incoming email message and scores it based on its spam characteristics. By default, SpamAssassin considers messages with a score of 5 to be spam; however, you can adjust the spam score limit according to your preference.
7) Auto delete spam:
The auto-delete function automatically deletes messages which meet or exceed the spam score limit
This option allows you to whitelist the IP to ensure they are not being blocked.
9) User Level Filtering: Allows you to create custom filters, it can be enabled from webmail.
These guys do a great job. Keep up the good work AIMVM team. www.marghotels.comAisten Correya
When choosing a hosting provider, I’m looking for fast, knowledgeable support and reliable systems. aimvm.com provided it all at a great price. www.tranzmedia.inTranzmedia