This lesson will teach you on how to change the default index page of your site.
As default the Webserver will read the index file in the document root of your account and follows the order index.htm, index.html, index.php. However, in this example we are showing how to set files with other names as default index page.
1) Login to your cPanel account.
2) Open ‘File manager’ option under the menu Files.
3) Go to the document root location of the account.
4) Create the file .htaccess.
5) Add the following codes in the .htaccess file.
#Alternate default index page
6) Save and exit.
Now the your site will load ‘file.html’ instead of ‘index.html’. You can replace it with any file you may wish to use as index.
If you have any questions, you can open a support ticket with us.
These guys do a great job. Keep up the good work AIMVM team. www.marghotels.comAisten Correya
When choosing a hosting provider, I’m looking for fast, knowledgeable support and reliable systems. aimvm.com provided it all at a great price. www.tranzmedia.inTranzmedia