This lesson will teach on how to connect to server via SFTP. SFTP is the secure implementation of FTP where encryption is used.
You must first enable the shell access privilege for the account on the server you can access via SFTP. Here is how you can do it.
1) Enable SSH access to the account on the server you want to access via SFTP. You can enable it from WHM » List Accounts >> Modify Account
2) Open the FTP client. We suggest using using FileZilla.
3) When the Filezilla open up, enter the IP address sftp://ipaddress or the domain name sftp://yourdomain.com in the hostname field. You will require to select the option for connecting via sftp instead of normal ftp.
4) The username and password are the same as your login details for cPanel.
5) The port number is 22, the default port is 21 but the SFTP will use 22.
6) If you are connecting for the first time, a new window will appear and ask if you want to save the certificate. Click on ‘Yes’
7) You should be logged in now.
If there are any issues in connecting, please open a support ticket with us.
These guys do a great job. Keep up the good work AIMVM team. www.marghotels.comAisten Correya
When choosing a hosting provider, I’m looking for fast, knowledgeable support and reliable systems. aimvm.com provided it all at a great price. www.tranzmedia.inTranzmedia